A World-Class Business Education in a Single Volume
Master the Art of Business
2nd Edition, Revised & Expanded
The Iron Law of the Market
“Market matters most; neither a stellar team nor fantastic product will redeem a bad market. Markets that don’t exist don’t care how smart you are.” — Marc Andreesen, venture capitalist and founder of Netscape and Ning.com
- Even the most ingenious idea will fail if no one wants it – creating something no one wants is a waste.
- Find ways to serve existing markets vs. building something, then finding a market to sell it to.
- This “iron law” is cold, hard, and unforgiving – ignore it, and you will fail.
Questions for Consideration:
- Are you sure people actually want what you’re creating?
- How can you find out before committing valuable time, energy, and resources to the venture?
Share this concept: