A World-Class Business Education in a Single Volume
Master the Art of Business
2nd Edition, Revised & Expanded
“If you don’t want to slip, don’t go where it’s slippery.” — Alcoholics Anonymous maxim
- Willpower is a way to interrupt our automatic processing in order to do something else.
- Our reserves of willpower are very limited, and become Depleted with use. Willpower is dependent blood glucose, and acts of willpower use up large amounts of glucose.
- The best way to use your limited resources of willpower is to use Guiding Structure to change your environment instead of your behavior.
- Focus on using your willpower to change your environment, and you’ll have more available when Inhibition is necessary.
Questions for Consideration:
- Are you relying on willpower to accomplish your goals?
- How can you alter your environment to require less willpower to accomplish what you set out to achieve?
Share this concept: