A World-Class Business Education in a Single Volume
Master the Art of Business
2nd Edition, Revised & Expanded
“The only rule is don’t be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.” — Paris Hilton, socialite
- Social Signals are tangible indicators of some intangible quality that increases a person’s social status or group affiliation.
- People spend huge amounts of energy and money to send social signals (a Rolex, or a sports team t-shirt and make-up, for example).
- Social Signals have real Economic Value, so build them into your offer if you can.
- To build offers with signaling value, you need to understand what people want to signal to others.
- Connect your offer to one of the Core Human Drives, and people will want what you have.
Questions for Consideration:
- How much time do you spend watching what other people are doing?
- Is that a benefit or a detriment to what you’re trying to accomplish?
Share this concept: