A World-Class Business Education in a Single Volume
Master the Art of Business
2nd Edition, Revised & Expanded
Words are a lens to focus one’s mind. — Ayn Rand, philosopher and author of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead
- We respond better to stimuli in our Environment than our own internal thoughts. We can improve our productivity by converting our internal thoughts into an external form.
- Externalization lets us reinput information into our brains via a different channel, which translates into additional cognitive resources.
- There are two primary ways to externalize your thoughts:
- Writing. This is the best way to capture ideas, plans and tasks.
- Don’t keep your thoughts locked up in your head.
- The more you Externalize, the clearer your thoughts will become, and the faster you’ll reach your goals.
Questions for Consideration:
- How often do you externalize your thoughts, either by writing, drawing, or discussing them with others?
- What could you do make externalization a regular practice?
Share this concept: